I’M SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY.
I haven’t blogged in forever. Like actually almost a whole two months. I’m the absolute worst. Finals, work, and life got in the way of me keeping this up. BUT I’M BACK. AND I PROMISE now that I’ve settled into work and life I’ll be much better at this whole blogging thing. Especially now that it’s SUMMER!!!!
((Just a note – during the year it was easier for me to blog on a Monday/Tuesday, but for the summer I’ll be posting mostly on Friday’s. It’s the only day I have off during the week so I’ll be doing all my meal planning / workout plans and such on those days. But I’ll post pictures on my Instagram whenever the spirit moves me so be sure to follow that!!!))
Summer has always been my favorite in terms of food. SO many good fruits and veggies are in season, fish is a must-have food, grilling is a thing, AND you can have really good cocktails! With little umbrellas in them!
I’m working two jobs this summer, so eating and cooking all the amazing summer foods is even more important than it has been before. I’ve been following a lot of awesome meal prep Instagram accounts and have gotten some awesome advice from a girl I work with about the best ways to meal prep. But if anyone has any tips or tricks that they’d like to share, PLEASE let me know!!! Comment on this article, send me a Tweet or an Insta DM, email me, whatever.
So last week, I found this article on Buzzfeed (aka where I get all my information nowadays) about how to make THE EASIEST salmon dinner EVER. It was SO GOOD – I had it for dinner three nights in a row! It had two of my favorite summer foods – salmon and asparagus. It was seriously the quickest dinner I’ve made in a long time.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 16 asparagus spears
- 2 slices of onions
- 4 slices of lemon
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a medium bowl, place the two pieces of salmon; pour 1 tbsp olive oild and sprinkle sale, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Cut two sheets of foil. it has to be big enough to wrap the salmon and asparagus
- First place asparagus (about 8 spears) on the sheet of foil
- Layer fillets over asparagus
- Top each with about 2 onion slices and 2 lemon slices
- Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon, then fold on top and bottom of foil to enclose
- Place foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes
- Unwrap and using a large spatula, transfer the foil packets to plates and serve warm